Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yemenia air crash | girl suvived from Yemenia air crash


Is it miracle or god's wish. In India there are a proverb "Jako rakhe sayiya mas sake na koi" means if god wants protect you nobody can't harm you. Baya Bakari A 12-year-old girl thought to be the only survivor of the Yemenia air crash.

Ms Bakari, who lives in Paris with her family, was treated in hospital in Moroni for injuries, said to include a fractured collarbone and burns.

On Wednesday evening, she was reported to be flying back to Paris in a French government aircraft.





Speaking from Paris, her father Kassim Bakari said she was thrown from the plane as it hit the water. He said she clearly recalled the chaos of her time in the water.


"She said: 'Papa, we saw the plane going down in the water. I was in the dark, I couldn't see a thing."

'on top of that daddy, I can't swim well and I held on to something, but don't really know what'.

"She's a very timid girl, I never thought she would escape like that," he said, adding that she was "fragile" and barely able to swim.

Mr Bakari recalled how he said goodbye to his wife and daughter at the airport as they headed to the Comoros.

"I kissed them both, then my wife turned around, she looked at me and she waved, and my daughter she didn't do anything, and that was the last time I saw my wife alive, because my daughter... I will see her again I hope, but for my wife it was the last time."

French officials in Moroni praised the girl's courage. International Co-operation Minister Alain Joyandet described her rescue as a "true miracle".





"She is a courageous young girl. She really showed an absolutely incredible physical and moral strength."

The girl's father told French radio that his oldest daughter could "barely swim" but managed to hang on. Kassim Bakari, who spoke with his oldest daughter by phone, said Bahia was ejected and found herself beside the plane.

An uncle, Ali Abdou, who visited the girl in hospital in Moroni, told she did not yet know that her mother had died.

She was scheduled to be transferred back to Paris for treatment later on Wednesday, he added.

"She is conscious, speaking well, [she] is ok. She was joking, she was chatting, we laughed together.


"It is a true miracle. She is a courageous young girl," Alain Joyandet, France's minister for international cooperation, said at the hospital adding that Bahia held onto a piece of the plane from 0130 am yesterday to 0300 pm, then signaled a passing boat, which rescued her.

"It's a miracle. It was God's will."

See also:

some major plane crashes in last 3 years

Photos taken just before A330 plane crash

No comments:

Post a Comment